Networking / Routers - is where you can add and configure routers to your network (Network Access Servers).
Title - formal name. Just to distinguish between different routers.
NAS type - Type of NAS (Network Access Server). You can configure NAS types under Config / Networking / NAS types. The main difference between different NAS types is to use Mikrotik API for this NAS type or not. Also, you can set different settings for different NAS types under Config / Networking / Radius.
Producer/Model - Vendor and model of the device.
Partners - Partners to grant access to the device.
Location - Locations to grant access to the device.
Address - Physical address where the device is installed.
IP/Host - Router's IP address, this is the physical IP address from where packets are sent to the Radius server (to Splynx). If the router is behind a NAT, this field should be populated with the public IP address of the NAT device. This field can be set as a domain name or dynamic DNS entry.
Authorization/Accounting - which type of Authorization/Accounting to use.
Types of Authorization/Accounting:
- None / None - used in unique scenarios.
- None / API accounting - useful for unique scenarios. In addition, Mikrotik API accounting will be used.
- Firewall IP-MAC filter / API accounting - Mikrotik API will be used to push firewall filter rules to the router. This is useful for Static IP addresses, when customers sets their IP addresses on the equipment manually.
- DHCP (Radius) / API accounting - The DHCP server on the router will use Radius authorization. Accounting will be performed with Mikrotik API.
- DHCP (Leases) / API accounting - Mikrotik API will be used to push DHCP leases to the router.
Do not forget to set MAC addresses for internet services. Accounting will be performed with Mikrotik API.
- PPP (Radius) / Radius accounting - PPPoE / PPTP / OpenVPN server will use Radius authorization. Radius accounting will be used.
- PPP (Secrets) / API accounting - Mikrotik API will be used to push PPP secrets to the router. Accounting will be performed with Mikrotik API.
- Hotspot (Users) / API accounting - Mikrotik API will be used to push Hotspot users to the router. Accounting will be performed with Mikrotik API.
- Hotspot (Radius) / Radius accounting - Mikrotik Hotspot server will use Radius authorization. Radius accounting will be used.
API ACCOUNTING - The Splynx server will continuously (every 5 minutes) login to the Mikrotik device via Mikrotik API to gather statistics. RADIUS ACCOUNTING - The router sends accounting statistic every n seconds to the Splynx server using RADIUS accounting packets. n is the configurable value, which can be configured per NAS type under Config / Networking / Radius / NAS Type/ Load / Accounting interval (in sec).
GPS - you are able to pin-point the location of the devices on the map (where router is located). This field is only available when the Google Maps add-on is installed.
Radius secret - Configure a Radius secret.
NAS IP - the real IP source address, for radius packets. It does not matter if the router is behind NAT or not. It is recommended that in the Radius settings of the Mikrotik router, Src. address should be the NAS IP configured in Splynx.
Pools - if selected, only use selected pools for this router. If you want to use all available pools - do not select any.
Splynx supports different router models from different producers. Below are configuration tutorials for vendors that are most commonly used: