Networking / Routers - is the place where you can add and configure your network routers (Network Access Servers).
Title - formal name. Just to distinguish between different routers.
NAS type - Type of NAS (Network Access Server). You can configure NAS types under Config / Networking / NAS types. The main difference between different NAS types is to use Mikrotik API for this NAS type or not. Also, you can set different settings for different NAS types under Config / Networking / Radius.
Producer/Model - just a note for you.
Partners - Partners.
Location - Location.
Address - Postal address (just a note).
IP/Host - Router's IP address, this is the physical IP address from where packets are sent to Radius server (to Splynx). In case when router is behind NAT, this is the public IP address of NAT device. Can be set as a domain name or dynamic DNS entry.
Authorization/Accounting - different types of Authorization/Accounting.
- None / None - useful for different not standard scenarios.
- None / API accounting - useful for different not standard scenarios. In addition to previous, Mikrotik API accounting will be used.
- Firewall IP-MAC filter / API accounting - Mikrotik API will be used to push firewall filter rules into router. This is useful for Static IP addresses. When customer sets his/her IP address on the equipment manually.
- DHCP (Radius) / API accounting - DHCP server on the router will use Radius authorization. Accounting will be made with Mikrotik API.
- DHCP (Leases) / API accounting - Mikrotik API will be used to push DHCP leases into router.
Do not forget to set MAC addresses for internet services. Accounting will be made with Mikrotik API.
- PPP (Radius) / Radius accounting - PPPoE / PPTP / OpenVPN server will use Radius authorization. Radius accounting will be used.
- PPP (Secrets) / API accounting - Mikrotik API will be used to push PPP secrets into router. Accounting will be made with Mikrotik API.
- Hotspot (Users) / API accounting - Mikrotik API will be used to push Hotspot users into router. Accounting will be made with Mikrotik API.
- Hotspot (Radius) / Radius accounting - Mikrotik Hotspot server will use Radius authorization. Radius accounting will be used.
API ACCOUNTING - Splynx server from time to time (every 5 minutes) enters to Mikrotik device (via Mikrotik API) and gets statistic. RADIUS ACCOUNTING - Router sends accounting statistic every n seconds to Splynx server using RADIUS accounting packets. n is configurable value. It can be configured per NAS type under Config / Networking / Radius / NAS Type/ Load / Accounting interval (in sec).
GPS - you can put a point on the map (where router is located). This field is available only when Google Maps add-on is installed.
Radius secret - Radius secret.
NAS IP - the real IP source address for radius packets. It does not matter if router is behind NAT or not. It's recommended than in Radius settings in Mikrotik router Src. address = NAS IP in Splynx.
Pools - if selected, use only selected pools for this router. If you want to use all available pools - do not select any.
Splynx supports different router models from different producers. Below are configuration tutorials for vendors that are used most often: