The customer service tab is where all products/services supplied to that specific customer can be found, edited or new services can be added to the customers account. This is where you control all services for a client which will influence the bill they receive.
It is possible to associate different services for each customer:
Voice services and
In order to add a new service for the customer, select the Customer view, go to the services tab and click
Add service or on the
+ sign above the service table on the left. Please note that customers have to be active on the system to make us of their services, as well as to be able to add services to their profile.
After clicking the "add service" or "+" button, a window will pop up for you to select a service from the list of existing tariffs.
- Plan - the tariff selected/list of tariffs available to select (
- Description - a description of the tariff (optional)
- Quantity - the multiple of plans for the selected service
- Unit - a unit of measurement (if using for invoices - for example: m, ft, etc.) (Optional)
- Price - the price of the tariff (custom prices can be set that differs from service price in the tariff configuration)
- Pay period - period of which to charge for this service
- Start date - when the system will start accounting for the service in billing perspective.
- End date - when the service will end, changed to a stopped status and the system will stop accounting for it in a billing perspective.
- Discount - sets a discount with parameters of a percentage, within start and end dates of the discount, please note that these dates refer to the period of which the discount will be applied.
Status - the options are
- Active - service is active and ready for use.
- Disabled - used when assuming that customer will no longer use the service, end date has to be reached or configured for the system to stopped accounting for it in a billing perspective. This will be applied to existing services of customers marked as inactive
- Stopped - Used to temporary disable the service. Will be set automatically to the new service generated when a client is marked as Inactive, when the customer is activated, the service status will automatically change to Active with the start date of the day of activation.
- Pending - Status of the new service during the waiting period of a planned service change. Between the end date of the old service and the start date of the new.
- Archived - status for services archived for future reference.
The relation between customer, service and invoice and service accounting:
If the customer has an
unpaidrecurring invoice (e.g. an invoice was created in
Billing daydate at 22:00 PM) and the customer doesn't pay the invoice before the date of
Payment due (days after billing day), the customer status will be changed to
Blocked, but their service (e.g. Internet service) is still active and accounted by billing. If the customer has only the one-time invoice and it's not paid before
Payment due, the
Blockedstatus won't be applied to the customer, the one-time invoice will have
unpaidstatus. The customer won't be
Deactivation periodhas passed as well;
The recurring invoice status in period from
Payment duedate is
Deactivation periodand after
Deactivation periodthe invoice will be considered as
If the customer with
Blockedstatus pays the
overdueinvoice, the customer's status will be changed to
If the customer with
Blockedstatus doesn't pay the invoice before the date of
Deactivation perioddate, his status will be changed to
Inactive (doesn't use service). And after he decides to pay the invoice, the status will be changed to
If the customer has
Inactive (doesn't use service)status, his service (e.g. Internet service) will be
Billing daydate and
Deactivation perioddate) and the duplicate of the previous service will be created with
Start date= the date of
Deactivation period. And after customer decides to pay the
overdueinvoice, the status of duplicate service will be changed to
Start datewill be changed to invoice payment date.
- Mind that the service (-s) with
Disablestatus but without
End dateis still accounted by billing. If you want to disable the charge for such service (-s) in the next month, please set
End dateto service or change its status to
Archivedmanually. Also, pay attention that the disabled customer service will be charged up for the whole month e.g. the disabled service
Start date= 2022-01-01, the
End date= 2022-01-25 (
Billing due(value: 15 days) and
Deactivation period(value: 10 days), as a result the disabled service is charged up to 2022-01-31)
Router - The router that API will use to connect to (for all API functions - Shaping, contention, address lists)
This is only required when using API authentication methods in Networking settings
Login - the username used in services such as PPPoE or Hotspot. Login must be unique in active services.
Password - the password for the login used in services
If you don't create a password the password from the Main Information page will be used.
IPv4 assignment method - the options are None (Router will assign IP), Permanent IP, Dynamic IP. (Make sure the IP's network is the same type of assignment when creating it in IPv4 manager)
IPv4 - IP address which will be assigned to customer's device. Available only when using IPv4 assignment method=Permanent IP.
Additional network - this is the customer's network. Network route to this network will be added on the provider's router (NAS). Available only when IPv4 assignment method=Permanent IP.
IPv4 Pool - the options are Any pool or a specific pool from the list of pools. Available only when IPv4 assignment method=Dynamic IP.
Mac(s) - MAC address(es) of client device(s). Separated by comma.
Only the first MAC address will be used if the Authorization/Accounting method for the router is set to Hotspot (Users) / API Accounting or PPP (Secrets) / API Accounting
Port ID - the port ID
You can edit a service, schedule a future change, change the plan, view the graph for the service, apply additional discounts, delete or geolocate the service by these icons
Change Plan from Administrator Portal
The following steps will show how an administrator in Splynx can change customer service in correct way.
NOTE: It's required to have more than one
Internet/Voice/Recurring tariff plan in Splynx in order to change from one to another.
For example, a customer uses
Ethernet_500Mbps as his current Internet service and wants to change it to
Ethernet_100Mbps (is created in
Tariff plans → Internet). The
Ethernet_500Mbps service had been already charged and customer had paid the invoice (period: (2022-01-01 - 2022-01-31)). The
Ethernet_500Mbps service start date is 2022-01-01. The new
Ethernet_100Mbps service should be started on 2022-01-20 according to customer request.
Find the necessary customer and go to
Servicestab of their profile. There is an active service that the customer uses at the moment.
(Change plan) icon in Actions column of the required service:
- In the new window, choose
New plan start date(2022-01-20) and
Ethernet_100Mbps) for customer and press Apply button:
NOTE: If the option
Refund unused money is not used for recurring billing in
Config → Finance → Change plan, you can change the tariff only after 2022-01-31.
More info about available settings you can find in Change plan guide.
In our case we use the next settings:
Plan change refund:
Refund unused money;
Additional fee when changing to a less expensive plan:
Additional fee when changing to a less expensive plan(value: 30);
Create invoice after service change:
Immediately till end of active month.
- As a result, the end date (2022-01-19) is added to
Ethernet_500Mbpsservice and the new service
Ethernet_100Mbpsis appeared in the list with pending status, its start date is 2022-01-20. On customer balance we can see 8.71$ that were refunded:
How it was calculated
200$/31days = 6.4516$/day 19days*6.4516$/= 122.5804$ 200$ - 122.5804 = 77.4196$ 77.4196$ - 30$ (fee) = 47.4196$ ~ 47.42$ 100$/31days = 3.2258$/day 3.2258$ * 12days (from 20 to 31 of January 2022) = 38.7096$ ~ 38.71$ 47.42$ - 38.71$ = 8.71$
- On January 20, the new service
Ethernet_100Mbpswill be activated and the previous one -
Ethernet_500Mbpswill be disabled:
In case a customer decides to change their previous service (
Ethernet_100Mbps, price R100) on the same day of its activation (e.g. the option
Use the customer creation date as billing day is enabled in
Config → Finance → Settings. The customer was created on Jan 12 (Billing day), the service start date is also 2022-01-12. And the customer was charged for
Ethernet_100Mbps service on Jan 12 as well) to a new one (
Ethernet_500Mbps, price R200), the previous service will be archived and new one will be activated on the same day.
Suggested read: Change Plan from Customer Portal