SMS sending configuration
Splynx supports sending of SMS using different SMS gateways. To configure SMS sending you need to find a suitable SMS gateway and set up Splynx to work with it.
To configure SMS sending in Splynx navigate to
Config → Main → SMS.
NOTE! Configuration will be unique for each SMS gateway.
SMS logs can be found under
Administration - Logs - SMS or under
Support - Messages - History
Example of Clikatell SMS gateway configuration:
Example of BurstSMS SMS gateway configuration:
- Gateway URL - URL of SMS gateway(should be specified in gateway documentation);
- Payload - request payload for sending SMS. Depends on content type(JSON or x-www-form-urlencoded) and syntax provided by SMS gateway;
- Method - method to call gateway (POST or GET);
- Content type - how to handle payload (JSON or x-www-form-urlencoded). JSON can be used only with POST method;
- Enable SMS sending - enable/disable SMS sending from Splynx;
- Debug - enable/disable debug to log file /var/www/splynx/logs/cron/sms.log;
- Successful response - if SMS gateway returns some successful response it should be configured here so Splynx could know what SMS was sent;
- Days to expire - how many days server will try to send SMS. Then will be marked as "Error".
Check SMS balance
Example of check SMS balance config using Clikatell SMS gateway
- Enalbe - enable/disable checking SMS balance;
- Check URL - URL what is using for checking SMS balance(should be in gateway documentation);
- Field name - name of field with account balance;
- Requested method - method to call gateway(GET or POST);
- Once per - check balance every selected period of time;
- Email - result will be send to this email;
- Dashboard notification - enable/disable notification with SMS account balance on dashboard;
- Minimum balance - balance value which will trigger notification.
Sometimes needed for configuration of SMS sending. To use or not to use - must be described in SMS gateway documentation.
Few examples of custom headers below:
- Phone - target phone number to make test. Sometimes must be specified with "+" ahead(full format of phone number for country).
We have a special topic on forum where you can find a suitable SMS gateway and find our what gateways can't be used in Splynx: https://forum.splynx.com/t/sms-gateway-sharing-recommendations/1963/8